Spanish 1, 9-12, 2:00-3:30 Tu
hardcover or softcover at your discretion
1. *Textbook Spanish is Fun Book 1, ISBN-13: 978-1634199285 or ISBN-10: 1634199286 softcover $20.95
or ISBN-13: 978-1680644708 or ISBN-10: 168064470X hardcover $33.95
2. *Workbook Spanish is Fun Book 1, Companion Workbook, it says Cuaderno de ejercicios at the top
ISBN-13: 978-1531106331 or ISBN-10: 1531106331 $9.00
3. *Notebook or folder with paper for taking notes and doing exercises from text; also beginning writing.
4. *Pencil or pen (blue or black ink only, please, if you use a pen)
5. Recommended, but not required: Spanish-English dictionary
We will start with the basics: greetings and farewells; numbers; alphabet; days, months and dates; colors; body parts; weather; and the Spanish speaking countries. Students will choose a country to do a small report in English on that country. We will also use various verbs during this time such as estar, tener, ser and hacer. I am not giving a week by week syllabus as Spanish builds as we learn and if the students aren’t learning, I won’t move forward until they understand. Should they grasp it quickly, we will move on to the next lesson.